How to Reserve the Meeting Room
1. Read our policy below.
2. Submit the Meeting Room Application Form.
The library staff will contact you about your request.
Meeting Room Policy
The Millington Public Library offers free meeting room space for local non-profit, tax exempt, civic or cultural groups and organizations during library operating hours (Monday-Thursday, 10-6:30, Fridays & Saturdays, 10-4).
- Applicants must be 18 or older to reserve the meeting room.
- Meeting room applications must be submitted at least 7 days before the meeting. Groups can reserve the meeting room up to three months in advance of their meeting.
- Time limit for meetings is 2 hours unless other arrangements are made with the library director.
- The meeting room will be booked on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- All meetings must be free and open to the public and must not disrupt the use of the Library for others.
- The library staff is not responsible for setting up or cleaning up after room users.The meeting room must be left in the order in which they were found. Tables and chairs may be rearranged, provided they are returned to their original arrangement at the end of the meeting.
- A fee will be charged to users for damages or special cleaning as determined by the library director.
- Library-sponsored activities take precedence over any outside entity's room request, and the Library reserves the right to reassign an organization/group to a different date if the room is needed for a library program.
- Permission to use the library meeting room does not imply library endorsement of the views, aims, policies, or activities of any group or organization.
- Any group that plans to invite an outside speaker to their meeting must inform the MPL, one week in advance, and provide a copy of any planned promotional materials that includes the name and address of the MPL.
- The Library must be notified in advance of any meeting cancellation, or change in name or phone number of the designated contact person for the group.
Failure to comply with our Library Meeting Room policy may result in the non-acceptance of future bookings.
Meeting room applications for any of the following will NOT be approved:
- Non-library groups soliciting business or actively selling items or services
- Fundraising activities or events, except for those sponsored by the Library
- Family parties or other private, social events
NOTE: Organizations may be asked to provide 501(c)(3) or exempt number.
Updated and approved 7/26/2021