You can now borrow books, audiobooks, and movies from libraries across Tennessee through the ShareIt inter-library loan program!
This is a state-wide Inter-Library Loan (ILL) program that links libraries all over the state of Tennessee, allowing you to borrow books, audiobooks, and movies from far and wide! You now have access to hundreds of thousands of new items not found at your local library! Many library users may be familiar with ILL borrowing, but if you're new to the process follow the instructions below to start borrowing from anywhere in Tennessee.
1) First, navigate to the ShareIt website by clicking HERE.
2) Next, search for the item you want to borrow. Use the filters on the left-hand side of the screen to help narrow down your search.
See the item more than once? Choose the item with the bigger number.
That means there are more copies in the system and you have a greater chance of getting what you want!
3) Once you've found the item you'd like to borrow, click the "Request this item" button on the lefthand side of the item listing.
4) Finally, fill out the request form.
The only required fields are you name, contact information (phone number or email) and a password.
The Millington Public Library’s address should automatically show up in the address field.
5) Click submit at the bottom of the page and you're done!
A few more things…
You must have a Millington Public Library or Sam T. Wilson Public Library Card to place your request and pick it up at Millington.
At this time, there is no actual login created. The password that is set during the request process will not work after the request is finished.
There will be cases where items are simply not available for a loan.
Having trouble or want to know the status of your request? Give us a call, we will be happy to help!