You can now borrow books, audiobooks, and movies from libraries across Tennessee through the ShareIt inter-library loan program!
This is a state-wide Inter-Library Loan (ILL) program that links libraries all over the state of Tennessee, allowing you to borrow books, audiobooks, and movies from far and wide! You now have access to hundreds of thousands of new items not found at your local library! Many library users may be familiar with ILL borrowing, but if you're new to the process follow the instructions below to start borrowing from anywhere in Tennessee. Borrowers must have a Millington Public Library or Sam T. Wilson Public Library Card to place your request and pick it up at Millington.
1. First, navigate to the ShareIt website by clicking HERE.
2. Next, search for an item. Use the filters on the left-hand side of the screen to help narrow down the search.
3. If the desired item appears more than once, click on the item link with the bigger number.
4. Click the "Request this item" button on the side of the item listing (below the image).
5. Finally, fill out the form by entering your name, contact information (phone number or email) and a password of your choice.
6. Click submit at the bottom of the page and your request confirmation will appear.
At times, items showing in the Shareit catalog are not actually available. The library will contact you if we have to cancel your request.
Please call the library at (901)872-1585 if you have questions or need help with our statewide borrowing (interlibrary loan) system.